It’s that time of year when many couples plan their summer weddings and every year seems to have a look and feel all of its own. So what’s new this year for wedding style?
I am not a fan of the “What’s hot and what’s not” type of articles that you read in magazines, I have never followed fashion and believe that if you look good in a certain colour and style then go for it, regardless of what the masses are doing. Remember, your individual style is what makes you unique and probably why your partner was attracted to you in the first place!
Here are some of the 2016 trends that I am seeing in the wedding style files:
- Pantone Colour Institute prescribes colour trends in advance and the fashion industry embraces this wholeheartedly – this year you have probably seen a fair bit of “rose quartz” and “serenity”, pink and blue respectively, but the sleeper colour that is really catching on for weddings is “iced coffee” – here’s how Pantone describes it: “A transitional color that will take us through the seasons, Pantone 15-1040 Iced Coffee manifests as another strong neutral for the season. With its natural earthy quality, the softness and subtlety of Iced Coffee creates a stable foundation when combined with the rest of this season’s palette.”
- The latest in technology is making its way to the wedding party – the drone. Fun aerial shots are a way to capture a different perspective as well as candid shots that nobody will expect.
- Barely-there cakes are a new trend eschewing the layers and layers of iced marvels of old.
- Backless wedding gowns; make sure you go to the spa and have a body scrub to show your back off in the latest styles.
- Vintage brooch in your hair; I did this for my wedding a few years ago and I’m glad to see it making the style sheets, pick up a gorgeous diamanté brooch from a vintage store, better still use one of your grandmother’s brooches.